God’s Purpose: His glory This is a God-centered message that involves a knowledge of who He is (His character as holy and loving) and what He has done (His creation and requirements for mankind).
- Revelation 4:11 “Thou are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
Our Problem: Sin This is a message that describes how sinful we are as human beings and because of sin there are eternal consequences for our sinfulness (eternal death).
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
God’s Provision: Jesus Christ Jesus Christ, Who is the God-man, is the only way to receive eternal life. His life, death, burial, and resurrection is what made mankind’s redemption possible.
- Acts 4:12 “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
Our Pardon: Repentance and Faith Salvation can only be received by turning (repentance) from your sin and by trusting (faith) in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.
- Romans 10:9 “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth, the Lord Jesus Christ, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead thou shalt be saved.”
God’s Promise: Eternal Life If you will turn from your sin and trust in Jesus Christ then you will receive God’s promise of eternal life.
- John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”